ALTON BROTHERS FROM PSU

ALTON BROTHERS FROM PSU

Postby closer617 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Penn State wrestling: Alton brothers cited following altercation

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/12/21/3443709/penn-state-wrestling-alton-brothers.html#storylink=cpy
PLEASE DON SAY KIDS WILL BE KIDS.....THEY NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER...IM SURE THIS ISNT THE FIRST TIME THEY GOT DRUNK...BUT ITS THE FIRST TIME THEY GOT CAUGHT
closer617
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: ALTON BROTHERS FROM PSU

Postby BRGuy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:45 pm

this cant be all the penn staters have said that the issues only happen in the summer bc the team is not allowed to drink during the season and if they did it would be an automatic dismissal.

guess all those legal issues when the teams had about 8 different guys picked up over a few months is just another day
BRGuy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby rodneydeeeee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm shocked that this didn't get posted until this late in the day!
rodneydeeeee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby closer617 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:51 pm

BRGuy wrote:this cant be all the penn staters have said that the issues only happen in the summer bc the team is not allowed to drink during the season and if they did it would be an automatic dismissal.

guess all those legal issues when the teams had about 8 different guys picked up over a few months is just another day

They have some big matches coming up as well as the southern scuffle.......what will be the price for the beer that they were drinking.....this is really bad....i like psu, but i dont like things being brushed under the rug....lets see what kind of program Sanderson is running...BEHIND THE SCENES..not on the mat
closer617
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Dr_Gonzo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Wow. The Marion bashers better hurry up and get on here and keep it fair and balanced. Perhaps college kids will be college kids and it has nothing to do with which school they attend? I'll guarantee you one thing Cael will have both Altons in that lineup come Big 10 tournament.
Dr_Gonzo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rodneydeeeee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:54 pm

closer617 wrote:Penn State wrestling: Alton brothers cited following altercation

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/12/21/3443709/penn-state-wrestling-alton-brothers.html#storylink=cpy
PLEASE DON SAY KIDS WILL BE KIDS.....THEY NEED TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER...IM SURE THIS ISNT THE FIRST TIME THEY GOT DRUNK...BUT ITS THE FIRST TIME THEY GOT CAUGHT

Get freakin life! I'm sure 99% of people here didn't wait till they were 21 to drink. I personally don't anymore and don't like it, but your big bold statement is terrible.

Quite frankly, yes they do need to straighten up or they will continue being 2nd or 3rd. I'm CONFIDENT most college kids do drink though, even more so in now days society!
rodneydeeeee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby rodneydeeeee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:56 pm

I'd be willing to bet just about ANYTHING that there are some kids that drink on every one of your teams. I'd imagine you feel the same, whether or not you want to admit it is another thing.
rodneydeeeee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby BRGuy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:01 pm

rodneydeeeee wrote:I'd be willing to bet just about ANYTHING that there are some kids that drink on every one of your teams. I'd imagine you feel the same, whether or not you want to admit it is another thing.

i dont think any wrestlers should be drinking but i will admit that if a kid home on break wants to have something to drink with the family it is basically dont ask dont tell from a coach standpoint.

but this is not about the drinking they werent picked up for underage drinking they were picked up for harassment-disorderly conduct-public drunkenness.

if you would have said they were caught out front of a residence with an open container and were cited then i would say you are right but how can we ignore the fact that the police said there was a female victim with minor injuries

this is a lot more than two brothers going home and having a drink dont play it down
BRGuy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby closer617 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:02 pm

rodneydeeeee wrote:
closer617 wrote:Penn State wrestling: Alton brothers cited following altercation

Get freakin life! I'm sure 99% of people here didn't wait till they were 21 to drink. I personally don't anymore and don't like it, but your big bold statement is terrible.

Quite frankly, yes they do need to straighten up or they will continue being 2nd or 3rd. I'm CONFIDENT most college kids do drink though, even more so in now days society!

LISTEN BUDDY...THIS ISNT ABOUT 2ND OR 3RD....WOW...ITS ABOUT LIFE....THEY BROKE THE LAW...AND THEY GOT CAUGHT......THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OTHER KIDS AND OTHER SCHOOLS....I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT 2ND OR 3RD....THIS IS THEIR LIFE...ITS NOT ABOUT WRESTLING...
closer617
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby SetonHallPirate » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Actually, what's more disturbing is that if this happened Friday morning, it was DURING EXAM WEEK at Penn State!
Owner/Operator of the Dual Impact Index presented by the National Collegiate Open
Follow me on Twitter @WrestlingSHP
Heard on Press Row: "Pirate, you would never get called for stalling." True, but all of my shots get countered straight to my back...
SetonHallPirate
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rodneydeeeee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:14 pm

closer617 wrote:
rodneydeeeee wrote:

LISTEN BUDDY...THIS ISNT ABOUT 2ND OR 3RD....WOW...ITS ABOUT LIFE....THEY BROKE THE LAW...AND THEY GOT CAUGHT......THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OTHER KIDS AND OTHER SCHOOLS....I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT 2ND OR 3RD....THIS IS THEIR LIFE...ITS NOT ABOUT WRESTLING...

True but there is really no info at all except they were involved in a minor altercation. I'm SURE Cael will handle it the right way as he has done in the past, ie, Andrew Long. Perhaps they'll be missing from the SS which stinks cause I was looking forward to AA and J.Oliver as much as Dake/Taylor. But really, stuff happens, alcohol ALWAYS leads to poor decisions, hence the reason I don't do it and prefer to stay away from it.

I'm sure they have great guidance and will continue on. Yes, a little hiccup in the road, but no need to go hog wild like they just commited murder! We have no idea what happened...
rodneydeeeee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby VakAttack » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Sit them down for a dual or a tournament and move on. Kids get drunk. I know some people will jump on this because of the obnoxious portions of the Penn State fanbase (just like the obnoxious portions of the Iowa/Minny/Okie State fanbases) engender hatred towards the kids on the team themselves, but this seems minor UNLESS it turns out that they did hit a woman (it's unclear what actually happened in the article). Outside of that, fairly inconsequential as far as I'm concerned.
"I think people are learning that you are not going to win EIWA championships wrestling Rutgers Style" ~ OtisCampbell
VakAttack
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Postby rodneydeeeee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:26 pm

VakAttack wrote:Sit them down for a dual or a tournament and move on. Kids get drunk. I know some people will jump on this because of the obnoxious portions of the Penn State fanbase (just like the obnoxious portions of the Iowa/Minny/Okie State fanbases) engender hatred towards the kids on the team themselves, but this seems minor UNLESS it turns out that they did hit a woman (it's unclear what actually happened in the article). Outside of that, fairly inconsequential as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you. The hate and quick to kick someone while they are down truly amazes me.
rodneydeeeee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby closer617 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:39 pm

rodneydeeeee wrote:
VakAttack wrote:Sit them down for a dual or a tournament and move on. Kids get drunk. I know some people will jump on this because of the obnoxious portions of the Penn State fanbase (just like the obnoxious portions of the Iowa/Minny/Okie State fanbases) engender hatred towards the kids on the team themselves, but this seems minor UNLESS it turns out that they did hit a woman (it's unclear what actually happened in the article). Outside of that, fairly inconsequential as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you. The hate and quick to kick someone while they are down truly amazes me.

OK...LETS NOT DO ANYTHING.....AND THEN WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.... THEY ARE NOT BEING KICKED WHEN THEY ARE DOWN........THEY KICKED THEMSELVES......DONT YOU THINK THIS IS SERIOUS????? YOU CANT SMACK THEM ON THE HAND AND DO EXTRA LAPS AROUND THE GYM....WHAT ARE THE RULES AT PSU IF YOU DRINK DOING THE SEASON OR UNDER AGE DRINKING. JUST GO BY THE RULES....SHOULD THEY STAY OR SHOULD THEY GO.......just go by sandersons rules that were put into place
closer617
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby rodneydeeeee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:42 pm

closer617 wrote:
rodneydeeeee wrote:

OK...LETS NOT DO ANYTHING.....AND THEN WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.... THEY ARE NOT BEING KICKED WHEN THEY ARE DOWN........THEY KICKED THEMSELVES......DONT YOU THINK THIS IS SERIOUS????? YOU CANT SMACK THEM ON THE HAND AND DO EXTRA LAPS AROUND THE GYM....WHAT ARE THE RULES AT PSU IF YOU DRINK DOING THE SEASON OR UNDER AGE DRINKING. JUST GO BY THE RULES....SHOULD THEY STAY OR SHOULD THEY GO.......just go by sandersons rules that were put into place

I'M NOT SURE THE NEED TO TALK LIKE THIS.

But if your asking me, I think as Vak said, suspend them for a dual or tourney, let Ruth, Taylor and Brown dig into them a bit, and move on. Almost every 21 year old kid I have known in life has made a mistake or two. And guess what, it has made them stronger for the most part. If something surfaces where they truly hurt a woman, then of course action be taken. But get real, whoever your team is, I am sure they aren't perfect. Obviously you KNOW kids make mistakes, and kids will be kids, otherwise you wouldn't have opened up with that sentence. It's the truth, and most adults in life can vouge for that.

You're obviously looking for argument, hence the reason for starting the thread with the comments you made.
rodneydeeeee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby closer617 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:50 pm

My team.....I really like penn st....i paid to watch thers matches on line last year.....this isnt about my team....they should stay on the team but the punisment should be severe...or it might happen again...remember..dont give the other kids a get out of jail card ...they are watching to rodney
closer617
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby TLS62pa » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Mountain out of a molehill.

21-year olds made a mistake on break and got into trouble. It says there was a female with a minor injury, we don't know the circumstances behind that so can't dig into it right now.

Big deal that it was Friday of finals week? People don't have finals every day of the week. Since they were at home in Lock Haven, I imagine they were done with finals.

Think wrestlers don't drink during the season? Get a grip. Yes, I know that many of the cream of the crop do not touch the stuff, but some kick back a couple when they don't have any immediate competitions.

I have no doubt Cael will take care of this, but let's not make this out to be more than what it is.
TLS62pa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby closer617 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:58 pm

TLS62pa wrote:Mountain out of a molehill.

21-year olds made a mistake on break and got into trouble. It says there was a female with a minor injury, we don't know the circumstances behind that so can't dig into it right now.

Big deal that it was Friday of finals week? People don't have finals every day of the week. Since they were at home in Lock Haven, I imagine they were done with finals.

Think wrestlers don't drink during the season? Get a grip. Yes, I know that many of the cream of the crop do not touch the stuff, but some kick back a couple when they don't have any immediate competitions.

I have no doubt Cael will take care of this, but let's not make this out to be more than what it is.

good point...lets hope that things dont spread.....
closer617
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby tommygun » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:00 pm

I agree 100% with Vak. Small punishment and move on, unless there is a lot more to the story.
tommygun
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby rodneydeeeee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:01 pm

closer617 wrote:My team.....I really like penn st....i paid to watch thers matches on line last year.....this isnt about my team....they should stay on the team but the punisment should be severe...or it might happen again...remember..dont give the other kids a get out of jail card ...they are watching to rodney

Severe punishment is where we disagree. I'm sure they will learn their lesson and it's to little detail for any of us to know what 'really' happened. I do know both of their facebook pages are taken down, lol.
rodneydeeeee
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Next

Return to College Wrestling