Grapple attendance numbers?

Postby bob_meadows_167 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Anyone have the official count?
bob_meadows_167
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Grapple attendance numbers?

Postby SetonHallPirate » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Owner/Operator of the Dual Impact Index presented by the National Collegiate Open
Follow me on Twitter @WrestlingSHP
Heard on Press Row: "Pirate, you would never get called for stalling." True, but all of my shots get countered straight to my back...
SetonHallPirate
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby RED » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Is this better than expected?
RED
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Flying-Tiger » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:40 pm

That's a pretty good number, imo. Hopefully this becomes a regular event.
A Kinder, Gentler Machine Gun Hand
Flying-Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Pinnum » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Does anyone know if the high school tickets were sold at the same price as the college tickets? I would imagine all sessions were included with a ticket. I do wonder how many tickets were sold in part due to the high school event of if the bulk of tickets were sold through one program or a few programs.

It would be great if we knew how many tickets were sold to people that had no connection to a college wrestling program but just lived in NY and heard about an event to attend. I am sure all of these breakdowns are unknown but it is where my interest lies.

Also, it is my understanding that a lot of effort and resources ($$) was put into marketing the event. I don't know of too many wrestling events that haven't been fairly successful with this upfront investment made, though there are many instances when it just doesn't seem feasible to put that cost into an event. I suppose we pay for it either way...
Twitter: @Pinnum
Pinnum
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bob_meadows_167 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:20 pm

I believe the main sponsor or organizer (NYAC Guy) mentioned 5k or maybe 8k...I think it was 5k for sure and hoped for 8...Flo has the video and I'm too lazy to find it. I'd say 10 AM on a Sunday during the holidays drawing 9k is excellent. Now lets bring the NCAA's here.
bob_meadows_167
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby pennsyrules » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:41 am

Not sure if the high school teams got a deal but I know there was no break for kids because I paid $35 per person for all 6 people in my group and 4 were under 16. Great event though and worth the money, imo.
pennsyrules
Gold Member
Gold Member

Return to College Wrestling