Shorty Hitchcock Open

Postby bigrig » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Anyone got a link to the results?
bigrig
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Shorty Hitchcock Open

Postby Dr_Gonzo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 pm

I don't need a link or to see any results to tell you the Altons killed everybody. If you were looking for anything else I can't help you.
Dr_Gonzo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Pinnum » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Twitter: @Pinnum
Pinnum
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mokoma » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Dr_Gonzo wrote:I don't need a link or to see any results to tell you the Altons killed everybody. If you were looking for anything else I can't help you.
Since when are scores of 6-2, 3-2 and 4-2 killing everybody?
Mokoma
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigrig » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Dr_Gonzo wrote:I don't need a link or to see any results to tell you the Altons killed everybody. If you were looking for anything else I can't help you.

They won by 1 and 2 points respectively in the Finals.

Thanks for the links Pinnum.
bigrig
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby BRGuy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:32 pm

by far ian paddock had the worst draw and toughest road bottom half had all the talent
BRGuy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby NJWC » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Are these brackets accurate? Did Mark Grey really work eventual NC Arujau TWICE in one day? Wow.
NJWC
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby two-six » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Gonzo, seems like you are in a bad mood.
There was more talent there than just the Alton's

Here is the finals and consi round for those interested. It's from a PSU board so I am not responsible if they are not accurate. Just pasting for those interested.

Championship Finals:
125 Mark Rappo, Penn 7-3 Nick Roberts, Ohio State
133 Mason Beckman, Lehigh 2-1 John DiJulius, Ohio State
141 Joe Spisak, Virginia 4-3 Joe Rendina, Cornell
149 Andrew Alton, Penn State 3-2 Ian Paddock, Ohio State
157 Dylan Alton, Penn State 4-2 Bryce Busler, Bloomsburg
165 Nick Fischer, Penn State 8-2 Chandler Smith, Army
174 Kevin Bailey, Lehigh 4-3 Duke Pickett, Cornell
184 Cody Magrum, Ohio State 4-1 Gabe Dean, Finger Lakes Wrestling Club
197 Billy George, Cornell 4-2 Craig Scot, Cornell
285 James Lawson, Penn State MFF Nick Ruggear, Penn State

Consolation Finals:
125 Alex Abreu, Lehigh 4-2 Brendan Campbell, Navy Prep
133 Mark Grey, Finger Lakes Wrestling Club 8-0 Nick Arujau, Cornell
141 Jimmy Carucci, Lehigh 4-0 Shyheim Brown, Maryland
149 Mitch Minotti, Lehigh F1:32 Zachary Ross, Clarion
157 Anthony Perotti, Rutgers 6-1 Michael Hooker, Navy Prep
165 Casey Kent, Penn 16-0;7:00 Ryan Forrest, George Mason
174 Cole Gracey, Army 7-2 Steven Nelson, Clarion
184 Lorenzo Thomas, ABE (Penn) MFF Canaan Bethea, Penn
197 Kevin Beazley, Old Dominion 7-6 Max Wessell, Lehigh
285 Graziano, Penn 5-2 Jacob Aiken-Phillips, Cornell

Looks like Beckman is enjoying his redshirt.
After a second look Cornell had a really strong showing today.
"I mean a win is good. It's a team, the team race is really important to me personally, winning too but more importantly the team race. You know, I knew one of us had to take it upon our shoulders to get it and I thought... why not me. Let's go out there, let's win this, let's clinch the team race."
Q
two-six
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby krippler » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 pm

so when are they back? Against Neb or Iowa? Wrestling another tourney next weekend?
krippler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby two-six » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:00 pm

krippler wrote:so when are they back? Against Neb or Iowa? Wrestling another tourney next weekend?

The Alton's are back Jan 22
Whether or not they are the starters at that point or whether it's wrestle-off time again is unknown.
Their back-ups have performed very well so it'll be interesting to see how it's handled.
"I mean a win is good. It's a team, the team race is really important to me personally, winning too but more importantly the team race. You know, I knew one of us had to take it upon our shoulders to get it and I thought... why not me. Let's go out there, let's win this, let's clinch the team race."
Q
two-six
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby BRGuy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:25 pm

there were a lot of penn state fans going on and on about how great vollrath is as a backup but bloom has no slouch

hickman and busler may be as good as alton and vollrath the state of pa is loaded at 157
BRGuy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby two-six » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:46 pm

BRGuy wrote:there were a lot of penn state fans going on and on about how great vollrath is as a backup but bloom has no slouch

hickman and busler may be as good as alton and vollrath the state of pa is loaded at 157

I don't know PA HS talent or recruiting very much so I'll take your word for it. However, I never look at a close match with Andrew Alton at face value. I've seen many matches where his opponent is content to stop him from his game and stay close. As long as Andrew can win those close ones and wrestle for seven minutes.... it's good for him.
I didn't see this match so I don't know that was the case here, just saying it has been like that lately. either a quick fall or a close match
Q
two-six
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby TLS62pa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:04 am

Looking through these results, this was a fairly tough tournament compared to most years. Weight classes were fairly tough all the way through.
TLS62pa
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby lu_alum » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 am

two-six wrote:
BRGuy wrote:there were a lot of penn state fans going on and on about how great vollrath is as a backup but bloom has no slouch

I don't know PA HS talent or recruiting very much so I'll take your word for it.

157s who hail from the Keystone state:

Intermat rankings:
#3 Napoli, Lehigh
#5 Fleming, Clarion
#6 Alton, PSU
#8 Peppelman, Harvard
#18 O'Hara, Columbia

Imports competing at a PA school
#11 Hickman, Bloom (via North Carolina)

Others of note:
Vollrath, PSU
Kemerer, Lock Haven
Tasser, Pitt
Busler, Bloom

I'm sure I'm missing a few other notables.
lu_alum
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tooold » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 am

NJWC wrote:Are these brackets accurate? Did Mark Grey really work eventual NC Arujau TWICE in one day? Wow.

The same Mark Grey that Jihnni Dijulius 8-2 in the semi.WOW
tooold
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby BDB50 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Must be a match up thing. Jimmy gulibon has had two very close matches with Gray, at least on in overtime. On the other hand he had no problem with Dijulius. I would have thought that Gray would have taken out Dijulius without much problem.
BDB50
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Dr_Gonzo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:52 pm

two-I apologize. Perhaps I was in a bit of a bad mood. My point was they are going to win and they did in fact win. Ok, they didn't kill everyone I admit. I was just predicting.
Dr_Gonzo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby BRGuy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:50 pm

dylan had a tight match in the finals at fandm

anyone know what the matches between him and vollrath are like? we didnt get to see them in the intraquad but i have to think vollrath can pull out wins even if alton typically wins
BRGuy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby silver-medal » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:24 pm

BDB50 wrote:Must be a match up thing. Jimmy gulibon has had two very close matches with Gray, at least on in overtime. On the other hand he had no problem with Dijulius. I would have thought that Gray would have taken out Dijulius without much problem.

It may well be a match up thing. But I'm as surprised as anyone that he laid out Grey and went 2-1 with Beckman. DiJulius appears to have wrestled very well.

DiJulius began this season as a serious competitor for the 125 spot and only moved up when Triggas was named the starter. He may finally be getting used to 133.
silver-medal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby two-six » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:28 pm

silver-medal wrote:
BDB50 wrote:Must be a match up thing. Jimmy gulibon has had two very close matches with Gray, at least on in overtime. On the other hand he had no problem with Dijulius. I would have thought that Gray would have taken out Dijulius without much problem.

It may well be a match up thing. But I'm as surprised as anyone that he laid out Grey and went 2-1 with Beckman. DiJulius appears to have wrestled very well.

DiJulius began this season as a serious competitor for the 125 spot and only moved up when Triggas was named the starter. He may finally be getting used to 133.

Is he redshirted? The reason I ask, is he seems like a better match for Ramos than the lamb tOSU put out there. :D
Q
two-six
Silver Member
Silver Member

Next

Return to College Wrestling